Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Fading Friends?

Lately, I have had a few friends delete their accounts from social medias, and it is a little weird to have them "gone". I know that it is just a computer screen that we are communicating through but there is still emotions, connections formed between these medias. We see adults tell us get off those damn phones and have a conversation, but it isn't that simple. Our generation has grown up being able to have your friend right at your fingertips. I sometimes find it ironic how adults are telling us that we are being anti-social on our phones, yet they don't let us out to go and "communicate" with your friends. Maybe not for everyone, but that does happen for me.


Image result for fading personIt is strange having friends leave social media because it is almost like you are losing a bit of them for yourself. I am still friends with these people, but I think social medias have this ability to bring people together, not physically, but emotionally. I don't know how to feel about social media though, because not only does it bring people together, but it also pulls people apart.
I am glad I have social media in the end, because it gives me the ability to bond with people when we cannot physically be together.

2 comments:

  1. I have also noticed the new trend people slowly being "deleted." But it seems to have a similarity to the stereotype of veganism. That those who partake in the certain subject always need to tell you they have done it or are doing it. While I know that social media will never go away, them doing so may create a new sort of "cool," since it is always changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also noticed the new trend people slowly being "deleted." But it seems to have a similarity to the stereotype of veganism. That those who partake in the certain subject always need to tell you they have done it or are doing it. While I know that social media will never go away, them doing so may create a new sort of "cool," since it is always changing.

    ReplyDelete